Students of Allen ROBOT Van Wert
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winger - Seventeen

3 posters

Go down

Winger - Seventeen  Empty Winger - Seventeen

Post by Fingerspasm Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:16 pm

Hey Allen, Just wanted to give you a big thumbs up on the Winger Seventeen song breakdown on JamPlay. That song is right out of my high school days. So thanks for the great lesson. Hope to see more from you.

Fingerspasm

Back to top Go down

Winger - Seventeen  Empty Re: Winger - Seventeen

Post by ROBOT Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Thank you! I like the 80's genre a bunch because you really get to play some cool guitar parts. I am doing hangar 18 from Megadeth Next.
ROBOT
ROBOT
Admin

http://allenvanwert.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentient Parasite Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:31 pm

ROBOT wrote:Thank you! I like the 80's genre a bunch because you really get to play some cool guitar parts. I am doing hangar 18 from Megadeth Next.

that's awesome man, Marty Friedman is the business, I'm looking forward to it

Sentient Parasite

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBOT Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Sentient Parasite wrote:
that's awesome man, Marty Friedman is the business, I'm looking forward to it

It is a scary song. I have been working on the many solo parts to try and get every little nuance perfect. It is a different way of playing for most of it. He plays a little behind and also ahead of the beat in some spots and has those crazy bends and vibrato all over the place. It is a bit of a nightmare song for me lol. Marty is amazing.
ROBOT
ROBOT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fingerspasm Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:40 pm

ROBOT wrote:Thank you! I like the 80's genre a bunch because you really get to play some cool guitar parts. I am doing hangar 18 from Megadeth Next.

Hangar 18 is cool... There are lots of great bands and players from the 80's that do not get covered. I would like to see some Dokken get covered. Nobody really covers George Lynch much. Plus I like Vivian Campbell when he was with Dio. I like both of their Staccato and pinched harmonics. Anyway thanks again for the Winger Lesson!

Fingerspasm

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBOT Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Fingerspasm wrote:
Hangar 18 is cool... There are lots of great bands and players from the 80's that do not get covered. I would like to see some Dokken get covered. Nobody really covers George Lynch much. Plus I like Vivian Campbell when he was with Dio. I like both of their Staccato and pinched harmonics. Anyway thanks again for the Winger Lesson!

You're welcome.
I think a lot of players are big into those guitarists as well and I hope I get to do some more cool cover lessons like that soon!
ROBOT
ROBOT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum